Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh the Cleverness of Me!


Okay so it's been........a while.

Here we go, are you ready?

Finished my Woman-of-the-Year campaign and lost, but only by a few thousand. Now I have a lot more experience in the how-to and how-definitely-NOT-to raise money for charitable causes. I also have a bit more insight into the non-profit world. Thoughts on that at some hazy-distant-in-the-future-time. Also finished chemo. Officially. My sister (Jessica) married some guy...no just kidding. He is great and his name is Greg and he and I were in the same Chemistry 105. Wore a fabulous green dress. Then I came back to BYU and have decided on (and filled out actual papers for) the Neuroscience major. I'm also tacking on an English minor for kicks. It gives me an excuse to wear all black a few times a week and pretend that I too ponder the words of Whitman, Cowper, Gray, Joyce, and Collins. And no, those are not all from one genre. Although Cowper, Gray, and Collins all fit into the late 18th century landscape poetry movement. Hiked the Y a lot with a friend. We climbed it 21 times in two weeks. Started a job at LDS Philanthropies making outbound phone calls to BYU alumni asking them for money. If you get a call that starts "Hello ___, my name is _____ and I'm a student calling on behalf of the BYU Annual Fund..." that's people I work with, or possibly me. Say no nicely. Or better yet, give money! Started reading Peter Pan on the plane home (it was a red-eye and I couldn't sleep). Great book.

Enough run-on-scrambled-together sentences for you? Me too.

Now I'm home for Christmas break, and I just made a double batch (read: A LOT) of sugar cookies. We frosted a few of them, but frosting takes such a long time! No joke.

I'm dating this boy....who is wonderful. His name is Mark and basically he is awesome. And he has red hair just like my little brothers. He's coming out to Virginia to visit over New Year's and then we're on the same flight home to Utah. Can I say that on a blog? Guess I just did.

Had two doctor's appointments today, my eyes are fine my teeth are not. My face is swelling because of a wisdom tooth that is coming in crooked. Ouch. Okay my face isn't really swollen...at all. I just feel like it is. Probably will be soon if they don't pull it! Maybe I'll have my dad do an emergency tooth extraction....he has a power saw.



What do you get if you cross a snowman with a shark? FROSTBITE!

2 comments:

Heidi Rushing said...

so glad you are back and even asked me to be your friend on FB!

Laura said...

So good to see you blogging! Please keep it up.

And you'll have to call me about this boy sometime. I'd love to hear more...