Friday, November 9, 2007

Last night I went to the BYU/TCU game and I left my keys at home, thinking "my roommates never, ever lock the door, I'll be fine!"

I get home and it's locked.

So I give Jess a leg-up and she manages to get onto the balcony. The glass doors are also locked. AND on top of that, she can't get down.

I call Tyson, and am laughing so hard I can barely make myself coherent. He says something like "wait, you're locked out, and Jess is stuck...on the third floor?" I say "no, the second." Long pause. "Okay are you laughing or crying?" Which makes me laugh even harder. "No, I'm just laughing," I reply. "Alright just wanted to assess the seriousness of the situation." Is his response.

He arrives but Jessica refuses to be helped down (she's never been the dramatic-damsel-in-distress kind). Tyson climbs up all our balconies (we have five) and all but the very last doors are locked, so we finally get in, and by this time, Jessica has gotten herself down from the balcony with no more than a bruised knee.

Hopefully that came out as humorously as it was supposed to, but since I've never been very good at telling, or even retelling jokes, I wouldn't be surprised if you thought it was meant to be a tragedy!

Happy Friday!!!

No comments: