Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I cannot begin to say how completely unpredictable life is. I am home in Provo now, and the lung biopsy which was scheduled for today has been postponed pending another CT scan on Tuesday. Whether that scan shows improvement or the opposite will be the deciding factor for the lung biopsy. The CT scan from yesterday compared with the one from Friday showed so much improvement it is not a stretch to call it a miracle.

Chemistry has been re-added to my schedule, which adds a lot of stress to my life in the way of catching up and such. It will be worth it though. My brother John Thomas was really disappointed when I talked to him yesterday and told him I had decided to drop it. He is such a smart boy, he was going through the lessons and learning along with me. Any kind of science is for him not only fascinating, but easy as well.

The rest of this week will be a quick successsion of running around doing this and that, and getting back into "normal" life. Today in my CmLit lecture, we were given the definition of "normal." It is "something with which the majority of people can agree." You see, we are reading 'Don Quixote' at the moment, which is a novel that deals with the "psychological" truth that people deal with the unexpected with humor. I am sure I will be writing more on this subject at a later date, as there are many thoughts running around in my head about this idea. One of them being the memory of all my bald jokes (which, fortunately, I cannot use anymore as I now have a lovely growth of curls atop my head).

Thank you everyone so very, very much for your prayers. Whether you are Catholic, Episcopalian, Protestant, Lutheran, LDS, or Baptist, we pray to the same God, and I know that our prayers have been answered in this most recent of miracles. My love to all of you, thank you again for your support!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! I'm so proud of you to tackle that Chemistry class even with what you've been going through lately. You are one determined person :) I love you!

Laura

Heidi Rushing said...

So glad the tests went well. You are always in our thought and prayers.