Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Fabulous Birthday!

Okay, okay. So I have never had a birthday which could NOT be described as fabulous, but today was extra wonderful. I woke up to a phone call--my sister was on the other end asking if I was hungry. She made wonderful pancakes for breakfast which I ate with raspberries and whipped cream (mmm!)

After breakfast I opened my birthday package. It was full to the brim with the two things I love most--"warm stuff" and "stuff to read!" I now have a pancake mix and a fluffy coat and REALLY warm socks (really, my feet will NOT be cold this week)! My mom and dad spent some time in Barnes and Noble picking out the perfect present--"Betty Crocker's Quick and Easy Cookbook." I am going to work recipe by recipe through that cookbook and become a wonderful chef! I can feel it! Maybe if I sleep with it under my pillow I'll pick it up through osmosis...Also '101 Things You Didn't Know About Jane Austen,' AND an Audrey Hepburn book. I'm so glad my birthday is on Sunday this year, because if it had been any other day I would not have had the luxury of looking through my books. I would instead have been trying to figure out which elements make binary compounds, which have polar bonds but are not polar, and on and on...(translation--I'm taking Chemistry 105)...

Went to church, which was amazing as usual. I felt very colorful today...meant to take a picture but forgot. I would describe what I wore but a picture is worth a thousand words and really, a thousand words would not do justice to the amazing ensemble I put together.

This evening we had a birthday celebration with three (yes, THREE!) cakes. A chocolate, a vanilla (with rainbow sprinkles) and a chocolate-orange with orange glaze. Oh and sherbet-lemon-lime floats. Yum! Greg even made a "candle" for me to blow out using a paper towel!

I just love birthdays. A very merry unbirthday to everyone, and to everyone who was lucky enough to have their birthday today (like me!) happy birthday to you too!

Thanks to everyone who has been so sweet to wish me happy birthday, sing to me, or even just smile!



"I love smiling. Smiling's my favorite!" --Buddy (from the movie 'Elf')

3 comments:

Henry Cate said...

A belated Happy Birthday!

I'm glad you have a fun birthday.

Greg said...

i'm also glad you had a chem105-free birthday!

Teresa said...

Loved hearing about your fabulous birthday, Brynn. I'm glad that it was such a happy one. P.S. I still love my birthday, too! :-)