Wednesday, December 19, 2007

If you give a mouse a cookie...

Today I took my English final. A bit more writing than I expected, but now thinking about it, I should have realized it would be mostly writing, you know, being an ENGLISH final. Oh well, I think I did fairly well on it.


Before eating dinner, I had planned on running to Wal-Mart to pick up some pictures I ordered online. It was supposed to be a quick trip, the only other thing I needed being a gallon of milk. I'm probably the worst grocery shopper I've ever met. But stories of my shopping incompetency will have to be another blog entry.

Six cans of soup, a box of crackers, loaf of bread, muenster cheese, yogurt, granola, clothes hangers, lemon juice, pasta sauce, one gallon of milk and some various other things that were "on sale" later, I straggled out of Wal-Mart. Having an unexplainable ineptitude of choosing the line that will take the longest, I stood waiting for more than 40 minutes. I think the couple in front of me were attempting to single handedly increase the profit of Wal-Mart.

I felt my eyes glaze over as I leaned against my cart and tried to drown out the repeated intercom announcements of "We need a CSM in Fabrics" "A customer is waiting in the fish section" "All CSM's to the front of the store"........AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I am sure that they, and many of you, are very grateful for Wal-Mart. It truly is a one-stop shop for all your possible Christmas needs, but Wal-Mart should not only have a "15 items or less" line, but also a "40 items or more" line.



I am NEVER going to Wal-Mart again. Except to pick up the photos I already paid for. And maybe another gallon of milk...

No comments: